The Parish is the local Orthodox Eucharistic community and a real manifestation of the living Body of Christ. The Parish exists for the worship of God, according to the tradition of the Orthodox Church. The fulfillment of this purpose requires, first of all, that the Parish be a witness to the gospel of Jesus Christ in all of its fullness. The proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ is directed to those both within and outside the Parish, to both Orthodox Christians and non-Orthodox. By obedience to the gospel and adherence to the apostolic faith, members of the parish are offered the opportunity to grow in communion with God through Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit.
To be a Church of Saints that are radically faithful to Christ and zealous in fulfilling Christ’s command to “Go into the world and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all [things that He has] commanded.”
In order that all might be saved and come to the knowledge of Truth, the Parish serves to live, uphold, and preach the Orthodox Christian Faith in its fullness (as delivered by Christ, taught by the Apostles, and preserved in the Holy Scriptures and Tradition of the Church).
We carry out this mission through:
- Celebrating the Divine Services & Mysteries of the Orthodox Church
- Offering regular, weekly, festal, and special services in the English language
- Providing regular and special services, events, and other opportunities for individuals and families to use their time for continued growth in Faith and in love.
- Offering opportunities for individuals to use their God-given talents and gifts in His service, for the building up of the Body of Christ
- Furnishing individuals and families with tangible ways of giving thanks to God through the offering of tithes, gifts, and offerings of the blessings received from Him
- Providing opportunities for Christian fellowship both inside & outside of Divine Services
- Encouraging the development of healthy & loving relationships amongst parishioners
- Providing opportunities for education in the Faith for adults, youth, and children
- Offering initial and on-going catechesis for inquirers, catechumens, and faithful
- Striving to encourage and equip the clergy and faithful to be faithful witnesses (martyrs, in Greek) to Christ and His Church in their daily lives
- To help the clergy and faithful receive, accept, make known, and share with everyone the love of God the Father in all its saving power, through Jesus Christ, in the Holy Spirit.
To serve Christ Himself through the local, personal, and tangible provision of love, charity, and help to all those suffering in Hartford and Central Connecticut, especially:
o the poor and needy,
o the hungry and the thirsty,
o the naked and the homeless,
o the sick and the imprisoned,
o all those who are marginalized,
o or suffering injustice